Nursing Entrance Admission
Practical Nursing applicants must:
- Complete and submit the Practical Nursing Application for Enrollment or the Online Application for Enrollment.
- Choose a date to take the COMPASS entrance test. Come to the TTC Huntsville campus on the date on which you choose to test. Applicants are seated on a first come, first serve basis for the COMPASS test. There will be 14 spots available at each testing date. Testing begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. The cost is $15 and you will need to bring a photo ID with you. When you pass the COMPASS, you will be scheduled for the next Practical Nursing class.
- Upon passing both parts of the COMPASS, the school will give you a packet of information to complete and return. This packet will include reference forms. It is important that all reference forms are completed and submitted according to our instructions. All information must be submitted by the specified deadline or your application will not be considered for acceptance into the Practical Nursing program. Immunization documentation is also required.
- Apply for financial aid (if applicable). The Pell Grant application does not commit you to the Tennessee Technology Center. Applicants who are being sponsored by another agency (Workforce Network, Vocational Rehabilitation, etc.) need to communicate wit those agencies regarding application status.
- Contact you High School or GED Testing Center and request a copy of your high school transcript or GED scores to be sent to you. Copies of diplomas are not acceptable. Submit the transcript or GED Scores with the other information you received in you packet. A transcript request form is included for your use (do not send this form to us--it must be sent to the high school or GED testing center in which you attended.
- Refer to the Point System for Admission in the LPN Packet webpage
- CPR & First Aid certification are required for entrance into the Practical Nursing program. If you are not currently certified in CRP & First Aid, you must become certified before being considered for acceptance into the Practical Nursing program. CPR certification must be throught American Heart Association. Other certifications will not be accepted. Contact the Technology Center to be added to the waiting list should you need this class.
- Acceptance letters will be mailed out. Please do not call to get acceptance information. If you have an address change any time after you have applied, please notify the school of this change to ensure receipt of any coorespondence. If you are accepted and you do not begin in te class for which you were accepted, you will not automatically be placed into the next available LPN class. You will be required to resubmit all required paperwork and will be ranked accordin the the point system for the next class. This could potentially mean that you many not be accepted into the next class.
- Physical forms will be mailed with acceptance letters. Students accepted into the class must submit their completed physical form and immunization records by the deadlin date specified inthe acceptance letter. Do not have a physical completed prior to being accepted into the class.